Increasing the life of a pool is essential for saving money, adding property value, and making safe pool areas.
Regular maintenance, proper water balance, circulation, use of covers, quick repairs, regular inspections, and using high-quality materials all help a pool last longer.
It may sound like too many to do, but they are all easy to get and reach.
In this blog post, we will dive into the most important ways you can do to extend the life of your pool.
How To Increase The Lifespan Of Swimming Pools
Manual Pool Cleaning
To clean a pool by hand, you can use a skimmer, vacuum, or brush to remove dirt and debris. This method should come before filtration and chemical treatment to keep a swimming area clean and safe.
Here are some steps for cleaning a pool by hand:
- Use a skimmer to get rid of floating things like bugs and leaves.
- Use a vacuum to pick up debris and contaminants that have settled on the bottom of the pool.
- To get rid of algae and other germs, scrub the pool surfaces with a brush.
- Dump out any trash you find in the skimmer and pump baskets.
Chemical Pool Maintenance
Chemical pool cleaning means using chemicals to clean the water and eliminate harmful things. The right balance of chemicals in the water keeps harmful bacteria and algae from growing.
Here’s what you need to do to clean a chemical pool:
- Check the pH, chlorine, and total alkalinity of the water in your pool with a test kit.
- Add the right amount of chlorine or other sanitizers to the pool to kill bacteria and other pathogens.
- Change the pH to between 7.2 and 7.8, which is the best range for swimming.
- If there are algae, add an algaecide to kill it and stop it from returning.
- Sometimes, you may need to “shock” the pool by adding a lot of chlorine to kill pathogens and clear up the water quickly.
Use Quality Materials For Pool Structure
Investing in quality materials and equipment can extend the life of your pool and improve its performance.
For example, a good pool liner can keep your pool from leaking or getting other damage. Automated pool cleaners can save you time and energy by cleaning your pool for you regularly.
Solar covers can help reduce evaporation and chemical use, making the pool run better and cost less.
Concrete, pebble tec, tiles, plaster, aggregate, and the popular glasscoat coatings are also quality pool materials.
Why Is Glasscoat Popular Pool Life Enhancer To Pool Owners?
Fiberglass coatings, in particular, offers several benefits that make them popular for pool owners. So, what are the benefits of glasscoat pool coatings?
- Low Maintenance (Saves you money for maintenance as well)
- Highly durable and Non-Porous (does not absorb moisture)
- Safe (slip-resistant)
- Aesthetically Pleasing (comes in many colors)
- Easy Installation
Is Glasscoat Truly Easy To Install?
Glasscoat Pool Coatings is a cinch to install, BUT most people need a professional.
In this process, they must thoroughly clean the pool’s surface before applying any primer and basecoat. It will ensure that the glasscoat finish will stick well to the surface.
The exact steps will depend on the size and shape of the pool and the kind of finish you want. Failure to prepare and install it correctly may lead to more expenses.
Save Time And Money On Maintenance
It’s essential to hire a professional installer with a lot of experience to ensure the job is correct and you can avoid problems like bubbles, cracks, or peeling.
A professional installer will also have all the necessary tools and equipment to ensure the installation goes smoothly and quickly.